Mechanical keyboards have recently increased in popularity and some of them are great quality and nowadays featuring stunning designs. Mechanical keyboards have gained popularity because they provide a distinct typing experience with tactile and audible feedback. They tend to be more durable and customisable to personal preferences with various key switches available. Additionally, they have become more widely available with a range of price options.
|Keychron K2v2 Bluetooth 5.1 Wireless/USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard, Hot-Swappable Switch Compact 84 Keys RGB LED Backlit, Aluminum Frame for Mac and Windows (Brown Switch)||$149.00||Buy|
|Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB Silver, Black||$323.12||Buy|
|Keychron K2 Version 2 Wireless Gaming Mechanical Keyboard, Bluetooth/USB Wired Compact 84 Keys RGB LED Backlit N-Key Rollover Aluminum Frame for Mac Windows, Gateron G Pro Brown Switch||$139.00||Buy|
|Redragon K617 Fizz 60% Wired RGB Gaming Keyboard, 61 Keys Compact Mechanical Keyboard w/White and Grey Color Keycaps, Linear Red Switch, Pro Driver/Software Supported||$69.99||Buy|
|Corsair K65 RGB Mini 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard -Customizable Per-Key RGB Backlighting -Cherry MX Speed Mechanical Keyswitches -Detachable USB Type-C Cable -AXON Hyper-Processing Technology||$169.00||Buy|
|Logitech POP Keys Mechanical Wireless Keyboard with Customisable Emoji Keys, Durable Compact Design, Bluetooth or USB Connectivity, Multi-Device, OS Compatible - Blast Yellow||$59.00||Buy|
|HyperX HX-KB6RDX-US Alloy Origins RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Red Switch)- US Layout, Full Size (104 Keys), Black||$149.00||Buy|
|Havit Mechanical Keyboard, Wired Compact PC Keyboard with Number Pad Red Switch Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 89 Keys for Computer/Laptop (Black)||Buy|
Pros of Mechanical Keyboards:
- Durability: Mechanical keyboards are known for their durability and long lifespan. The mechanical switches used in these keyboards are built to last for millions of keystrokes.
- Tactile Feedback: Mechanical keyboards offer a tactile feedback which makes it easier to type and reduces the chances of typos.
- Customisability: Mechanical keyboards often come with customisable key switches which allows users to adjust the actuation force and travel distance of the keys to their preference.
- Gaming performance: Mechanical keyboards are popular among gamers for their fast actuation and accurate key presses, which can give an edge in fast-paced games.
- Variety of switches: Mechanical keyboards come in a variety of switches, allowing users to choose the one that best suits their typing style and preferences.
Cons of Mechanical Keyboards:
- Cost: Mechanical keyboards are generally more expensive than traditional rubber dome keyboards.
- Noise: Mechanical keyboards are known to produce more noise than traditional rubber dome keyboards.
- Size and Weight: Mechanical keyboards are generally larger and heavier than traditional rubber dome keyboards.
- Higher learning curve: Mechanical keyboards may take some time to get used to and may be less comfortable for some users.
- Not portable: Due to their size and weight, Mechanical keyboards are not as portable as traditional rubber dome keyboards.
Price range considerations
The average price range for a mechanical keyboard can vary greatly depending on the brand, features, and switch type.
- Entry-level mechanical keyboards can be found for as low as $50 to $70. These keyboards typically use lower-end switches and may lack some of the features found on more expensive models.
- Mid-range mechanical keyboards can cost between $70 to $150. These keyboards often use higher-end switches and may include additional features such as customizable backlighting, programmable keys, and dedicated media controls.
- High-end mechanical keyboards can cost $150 to $200 or more. These keyboards often use premium switches, such as Cherry MX Speed Silver or Topre switches and may include advanced features such as wireless connectivity, multi-device pairing and more.
- Some high-end gaming mechanical keyboards can cost $200 to $300 or more, some of them even more, for example, the keyboards with RGB lighting, additional macro keys, and many other advanced features.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate income. This helps us to keep this website reader-supported and free from a lot of annoying display ads etc. Read our affiliate disclosure here.